Thursday, April 5, 2007

New Lens

OK, this is boring, but I'm excited. Deal.

Got my new Nikon 18-200mm VR lens yesterday. (It's full name is: 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 G ED-IF AF-S VR DX Zoom-Nikkor)

It has a motor system within the lens that can sense and counteract hand shake by moving one of the internal lens elements. First thing I did was to try out the Vibration Reduction function on some of Lovely Wife's newly planted flowers.

No sharpening in any of these photos.

1/5sec; f/36; zoom at 200mm vibration reduction OFF
1/5sec; f/36; zoom at 200mm vibration reduction ON
1/10sec; f/25; zoom at 200mm vibration reduction OFF
1/10sec; f/25; zoom at 200mm vibration reduction ON

Well, I think it's sweet.

7 comments:

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

it works!!! Vibration reduction works.....congrats!!! :DDD

photowannabe said...

boy I could use that myself. Its so hard to hold the camera perfectly still.

Anna said...

There is absolutely NOTHING boring about a new lens and trying it out! :)

bluemountainmama said...

that's a great feature! i'm amazed at the difference in the photos with it on and off.....

Anonymous said...

Neat lens!!!!!!!!!! I love the demonstration photos. Great job at presenting.

I may just have to check this lens out...............

Sharon Lynne said...

Just think! You won't have to worry about shaking hands when you grow old. You'll still beable to take great shots for your blog when your 90!

Ben Nakagawa said...

Thanks for this, John. You just bring back my old option to my list for make my lens selection decision more difficult. Well, that part of fun and thanks for sample and PM.