Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter Sunday, April 8, 2007



Happy Resurrection Sunday!

The first photo is one of Lovely Wife's new flower pots and some brilliant purple petunias she planted the other day. Gorgeous. Nikon D70s; 1/40sec; f20; ISO 200

The second photo is actually a fake flower that is in our little water fountain/tub on the back patio. I glanced over and the late afternoon sun was shining on it and the water was rippling and glinting in the light. Quite beautiful for a fake flower. Nikon D70s; 1/200sec; f5.6; ISO 200

Due to the crazy week, and preparing for the memorial service for Lovely Wife's Mother on this past Friday, I haven't had a chance to get out on a photo excursion with my new lens.

Friday after the memorial service, and after everyone left our house, I took a few shots out back around the pool. I can already tell that I love, love, love this lens.

It's nice and sharp for such a wide range zoom and the vibration reduction feature (similar to Canon's image stabilization) is quite amazing.

Both of these photos were taken with the new 18-200mm Nikon VR lens on a 15 minute mini photo safari on our home's back patio/pool area.

God bless all of you on this most holy of Christian holidays.


Don't forget to go over to my "real" blog, on which I post photos each and every Sunday.

4 comments:

Chad Oneil Myers said...

The second image is my favorite, even though the flower is fake.

Wingnut said...

Stunning Lilly, even if it is fake! I have tried these in my small little pond, and the raccoons take them out and destroy them every time.

Kewl new blog! great stuff here too!

Anna said...

Love the second one too!

Hope you had a wonderful Easter Sunday.....

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

the fake flower, by no stretch of imagination (the usage of this expression is coz of ur stretching bird post on top), looks fake to moi!!!! it's illuminated brilliantly in the sunlight..very pretty pic and thanx for reminding abt the other blog .....chked out ur easter pics...guess Florida does that to one......happy times are sunny times , here!!!