Friday, April 20, 2007

Green Stuff



Photos taken in Sebastian Inlet State Park, Florida.

The little birds would let the small waves wash over them, shake it off, and resume hunting little critters. I'd never seen birds do that before, let a wave hit them. Though admittedly, they weren't big waves, but still.

The second photo was some of the stuff growing in the water. I have no idea what to call it, I'm woefully ignorant of plant's names and even birds names, but it's fun to see and photograph.

Plus, I didn't have to learn to scuba dive to see it either.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure there are names for the "green stuff" in those inlets. I don't know the proper names. I just learned that I have things here with "lichen" growing on them.

I came to thank you for visiting my blog, yesterday, and for your comments about Patty's last radiation treatment. She was so pleased that I heard from so many people, including Eric, and I know it made her day extra-special. She was also surprised that some of you also visited her blog and left comments there. So thank you for your visit and comments. Being new to the community, it was a big surprise to us. Thanks again.

Abe and Patty Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo

CG said...

Brave little birds!! I like the look of that green stuff; it's like chiffon.

photowannabe said...

Love the arty quality of the second shot. I hadn't heard of birds doing that either.

Bobkat said...

Nature is amazing. I love how green the green stuff is in that second shot.

BTW - I'm adding you to my blogroll if that is OK?

Nikon said...

Hello, thanks for visiting mt site.
I don't know what the green stuff would be called either - kelp?
How about sea-weed - that should cover it :)

kmm said...

Algae is often really green like that, but I have never seen it in sea water on still water (ponds etc)

Ratzfatz said...

... well good ... but I would like to prefer more details ... go ahead more nearly on your objectives. Alges in the water .... it is sooo beautiful!

Chad Oneil Myers said...

I like those "greens" and that sea gull.

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

the green in the second is eye-catching..it's so gooey that it looks like jelly.......