Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Trees at Ryckman Park, Re-do

Fujifilm XT-20, Fujinon 18-135mm lens at 18mm, f/18, 1/80sec @ ISO 200
A few days back I posted a bright, vividly colored version of this photo.
I tried to give that photo the old "thick" look of slide film (which I shot for many years).
And although I liked the color version very much, I knew when I made the photograph that the heavy contrast in the scene would probably make this a good looking B&W image as well.
So, here ya go!
I need to work on my B&W processing in Lightroom and Photoshop. 
I can mostly get the look I want in color photo manipulation, but my B&W shots seem to leave me with a vague sense of having missed the mark in some way.
It's like getting ready and leaving to go to, say, a birthday party, repeatedly double-checking myself, but leaving feeling like I forgot something like forgetting the gift.

No comments: