Monday, July 30, 2018

When Life Gives You Lemons...

Fuji XT-20, Fuji 18-135mm lens at 135mm, f/13, 1/10sec, ISO 200
Riverside Park (Indialantic, Fla.) Sunset panorama #3,488,526,330. But Who's Counting?
Sunrises and sunsets here may often be blocked by clouds. This summer alone I think the clouds have blocked more "big orange ball o' sun touching the horizon" sunsets than all our years here combined.
But, hey, us photographer types are already out there, so, we snap away.
Sometimes magic happens anyway, like orange-y sky on the left sharply divided with blue/pink sky on the right. ...Lemonade.
It's like the way a gambler is addicted to THIS TIME I'M GONNA WIN BIG feeling, that prompts photographers to go out looking for a big payoff.
Sometimes that sunset, as this one was, is one heck of a consolation prize.
I really wish I could convey the warm air, the smell, the sound of water lapping in a 2D photograph.  I try. I seriously try to make my photos force the viewer to have the total sensory stimulation I had when there watching this.

No comments: