Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Rainbow at Castaways Point Park

Fujifilm XT-20, Fujinon 18-135mm lens at 40mm, f/18, 1/100sec @ ISO 200
Well, actually "I" was at Castaways Point Park in Palm Bay, the rainbow was some miles away, out over the Atlantic Ocean.
I'm not exactly sure why there was a rainbow in an almost totally clear sky, but I'm not going to sit and reason why when there are photos to be taken.
Of course, I was right in getting right to the photography and leaving the wondering why until later because the rainbow faded within ten minutes or so.
I had come to this little beach within the intracoastal waterway at this particular time to get some nice golden afternoon sun on that wrecked boat there.
The rainbow was a bonus.
About five minutes after taking this shot I had a bad fall and banged myself up pretty good and soaked myself in the brackish water. I also got my camera gear somewhat wet too. I dragged myself up and came straight home to lick my wounds and dry my camera gear. My camera has fog in the viewfinder, so it is presently undergoing my personal, tried-and-true methods of drying and rescuing wet electronics. I won't bore you with the details of that.
We artists sometimes have to suffer for our art.
Or, you could just call me clumsy.

No comments: