Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Snake River, Idaho



Yesterday, on my other blog, I wrote about how me and my family, and my Big Brother and his family once checked into rooms above a bar in Idaho out of desperation. This was in July of 1989.

To our surprise, not only were the rooms nice and clean, but the next morning revealed that this place was actually on the banks of the Snake River.

There were an incredible array of pastel wild flowers that stretched from the base of the bar/motel to the mountains in the distance.

The first pic is of some wild flowers at my feet, along side the river.

The second photo is of Number One Daughter squatting to see how the flowers smelled, with the Snake River spread out behind her.

If you like these pics, check out the story and some more pics on my regular blog.

A stunningly beautiful morning and place. I'll always remember this as one of my life's great surprises.

Canon AE-1 with Tokina 35-105 lens. Kodachrome 64.

5 comments:

lv2scpbk said...

Beautiful flowers and a cute little girl.

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

:) the number one daughter's extremely cute.....i wish Florida had more of wild flowers....i hardly see any and definitely not any when drought conditions seem to be looming so large...

Anna said...

That first shot is lovely...

kuanyin333 said...

Mahalo for visiting my blog...maybe your other blog is a participant in the TT? Anyways...love your photos! My girlfriend grew up on the Snake River in the wilderness, and I've heard lots of stories about how beautiful it was back in the 1950's. Don't know if it's still that primo, but I'm happpy to see photos.

photowannabe said...

I just love those special moments and lasting memories. Love the picture of your daughter squatting in the flowers.