Sunday, May 6, 2007

Me And Ol' Blue


This is a self-portrait I did in around 1983. That would make me 20 years old in this photo.

I had been out for an afternoon of photographing things when I decided to put the camera on a picnic table and take a picture of myself. I didn't have a tripod with me. Looking back, I'm glad I did. This is the best picture of Ol' Blue that I have.

Ol' Blue was my Dad's truck and got passed on to me when he upgraded to a new vehicle. It was a 1975 Ford F-100 Custom. Ol' Blue was finally traded in years after this photo, when it had 165,000 miles on it. It felt like we took a beloved family pet to the vet to be put to sleep.

This is a slight crop from the original 35mm slide. I usually post most photos full-frame, but there was some dead space in the photo, behind me in the right of the image. I cropped that out.

The old me; I'd sure like to have that 20 year old body back again.


It's Sunday, and that means I've also posted photos on my other blog, if you care to see them.

6 comments:

CG said...

What a handsome guy: The car is nice too. i wish I had my 20 year old body back too although at the time i didn't appreciate it LOL

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

my husband who's an automobile enthusiast simply loved the pic.......have a great sunday :)

Annie said...

I love the truck photo and the guy isn't half bad either. I had a truck a bit like that, though mine was a Chevy passed on to me by my dad. I loved the truck; only he and I could get it through its gears.

Hey, you can have that body back again. Really, you can. Any Scorpio can put his/her mind to it and do it.

Anna said...

I love old blue! :) Great images of the clouds...

lv2scpbk said...

Wouldn't we all like to have our old bodies back. Naming a vehicle, must be a guy thing. lol. Good photo.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Great shot, man.