Sunday, October 14, 2007

Invaders From Space



I loved the space ship look of this pair of parking lot lights. Against the blue sky, they create a simple but strong image. I thought about photoshopping out the pole to really make it look strange, but thought it would just look cheesy.

I thought this was a good match for the top of the pine tree in the lower photo. That's all the greenery on the whole pine tree; just that little bit.

The tree was very tall and tortured looking and I thought it had a look sort of like those little Japanese trees that folks trim very carefully. I can't think of their name right off the top of my head.

Bonsai. That's what I was reminded of.


I did my usual Sunday Picture Post on my other blog today if y'all want to go over there and take a look.

Have a great Sunday!

8 comments:

imac said...

Love the space shot John.Looks like 2 beady orange eyes about to send rays out.lol.
Yep also agree with you on the likeness with the tree too.

Joel Reynolds said...

Haha! Love that top shot, John. Clever title!

Joel

photowannabe said...

Love the alien peering at me. Great shots as usual.
I won't be posting for a few days. Hubby and I have a 2 day job in Sacramento so I will see you for ABC Wednesday.

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

the alien shot is cute....a photographer's imagination is his biggest strength i guess....:)

John Roberts said...

I think you mean bonsai.

Yes, the top photo definitely has a "War of the Worlds" look to it.

Daniel J Santos said...

well done, the space photo is well imagine.
as usual a great photos.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

I like those invaders, especially that first one.

CG said...

LOL, I loved the alien pic. It really made me smile :)