Friday, October 5, 2007

I Can Only Guess


Walking around a park in town one day, I looked into the trees and saw something.

I walked in there and found this, what I photographed in today's picture.

This park is a little bit off the beaten track and seems to be a favorite place for the local homeless folks to sleep in.

Since I don't actually know why this small memorial is here, I could only guess. My guess is that a homeless person spent the night in this private spot and died.

Someone cared enough to put a small cross, an American flag, and some silk flowers there.

This was in the trees about 10 or 15 paces from the leaning palm tree and chairs of the photo I posted two days ago.

4 comments:

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

some one had a heart big enough to do it .....this world is made of all sorts of us , isn't it!!!

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi John,

erhaps a child who had to buury her cat or rabbit? I Like the totall of the shot, a little melangolic and nature togather in one shot.

have agreat weekend.:)

photowannabe said...

I was thinking that perhaps it is a pets final spot too. Interesting way to get the brain thinking.
Have a good weekend John.

CG said...

That's a sweet memorial - very poignant!