Monday, June 11, 2007

Magical Sky




Friday evening after leaving the Shuttle launch, Lovely Wife and I went to Barnes And Noble and looked around. We bought a few books (and Lovely Wife a Starbucks coffee) and then headed out into the parking lot to get our car and go home.

This was what the sky above looked like. And since I still had my camera with me, I steadied it with my arms braced on top of the car and took a few shots.

Nikon's vibration reduction feature helped out quite a bit too, because most of these were shot between 1/10 and 1/30 of a second.

The sun had been set for a while, but these clouds were high enough to still catch the light of the sun way out of our view. We stood and watched until the sun set for the clouds too. It was beautiful and as interesting as watching the Shuttle lift off.

We got a two-fer Friday evening!

13 comments:

Anna said...

It does look like a spell is being cast....

Nice shots John.

lv2scpbk said...

Oh Wow! I've never seen the sky like this before. Wonderful capture.

isa said...

It does look magical...and spacey!

You did a wonderful job with the Space launch photos (even if you had to enlarge them bazillion times ;-)). Was it the first time you witnessed it or the first time you photographed it?

And where are the pix of the poodles? Preferably in the arms of the big guy ;-)

Annie said...

Did you make a wish? I hope you did and I hope it comes true. After all, that was a magical sky.

Ben Nakagawa said...

Wow!
Very interesting and entertaining. I cannot just watch but have to take a photo. Good on you that you had your camera with you.

Kate said...

The sky is MOST unusual, and I'm happy that you had your camera so that we can enjoy it with you. I'm particulary pleased with the last, bottom photo. Great job!

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

the clouds looks like an artist's brush strokes....:)

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Very cool sky.

Anonymous said...

Nice shots John. I have really enjoyed you sharing this series of shots.

John Roberts said...

I like the close-up of the cloud patterns best. It's interesting how the colors are different.

laurel said...

What a beautiful capture!

CG said...

That really is a magical sky!!!

Ratzfatz said...

yeah .... nice sky!