Thursday, February 5, 2015

That Glorious Golden Evening Sunlight

Nikon D90, Nikon 18-300mm lens at 210mm, f/11, 1/100sec, ISO 200
What do you do when you want to get out in the beautiful weather, in a place as glorious as Florida in January, yet you are hurting?

I face this question almost daily.

The other day, being cooped-up in the house was getting to me in a bad way.

I grabbed my camera and headed to where I thought I might see a good sunset worth photographing.

I could see that I would not make it to the Atlantic, so I stopped at a favorite old park on the way and took a few pictures.

The quality and wow factor of photos on a day like this are a distant second place to just getting out and hobbling around in the fantastic weather and the golden light of the last of a day's sunshine.  I couldn't stand up all the way that day, I walked like Tim Conway as the old man character on The Carol Burnett Show years ago, if you remember that.

This is one such photo.  Not great, but an accurate shot of the color of the light that afternoon.

The capital letter M in the blue sign is absolutely white, the blacks in the deep shadow are truly black, and and the grays are accurate.

What do I mean by that?  If you have a true white, black, and gray point in a photo, the rest of the colors are true and very accurate to what could be seen by human eyes.

No comments: