Friday, February 6, 2015

Fatbikes

Nikon D90, Nikon 18-300mm lens at 18mm, f/8, 1/25sec, ISO 200
Nikon D90, Nikon 18-300mm lens at 40mm, f/8, 1/25sec, ISO 200
These are two of the coolest bicycles I've ever seen.

Because of the monstrous tires, they are called "fatbikes."

We saw them at Bob's Beach Bicycle Works, across from the beach in Indialantic By The Sea, Florida, our closest beach access from our home on the mainland.

Two of my very best friends as a boy and as a teenager were two bicycles that I had and rode on for many, many miles.

I could see myself tooling along the streets on the silver and blue bicycle in the first photo.  But I'd prefer to add a Rohloff Speedhub 500/14 TS (14 speed internal geared rear hub) to mine, 'cause hey, I dig gears on a bicycle!

I can dream can't I?

No comments: