Friday, August 3, 2012

Fishing Boat, Sebastian, Florida

Nikon P7100, f/8, 1/2000s, ISO 400, lens @ 37mm (173mm in 35mm equivalent)

We live in Florida.

Most of my family lives in Louisiana, a sixteen hour drive away.  We don't see each other much.

My Big Sis became a huge Keith Urban fan a number of years ago, and bought a Sony super-zoom point and shoot camera to take concert pics with.

Her desire to learn the nuts and bolts of photography to help her take better photos of Keith Urban led her to take numerous camera courses and join a camera club.

She upgraded to a Sony A55 slr and she has become a really good photographer.  Lots of natural talent, and a great sense of composition.

Big Sis visited our family in early July, our first time together since she has "gotten into" photography.

We had a really great time during her visit.  The east central coast of Florida has lots of good photo opportunities that cannot be found in northeast Louisiana.

One evening we all went out to eat at a great seafood restaurant in Sebastian, Florida, called "Squid Lips."

While waiting for our food Big Sis and I went out on the pier behind the restaurant.

I was struck by the late afternoon sun on this particular boat.  Of the photos I took of it, this was my favorite.  Not really sure why, but this one strikes a strong emotional chord within me.

I think it might be that late-day sunlight that always imparts such a peaceful feeling to me.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Wow, it's been ages since I've seen anything you posted; good to be in touch again.