Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Timed Exposures, Palm Bay (the body of water), FL

Nikon D90, 18-300 lens at 18mm, f/11, 30 seconds, ISO 200
This past Sunday afternoon 1/4/15, I had the urge to get out and about with my camera.  I was heading to the beach to see how the Atlantic was looking, and never made it there.

The light was so good that I stopped on the side of the road on the way to take some photos of a train track / road crossing, and then stopped at this park on the Intracoastal Waterway, officially known in this area as the Indian River Lagoon.

This park, Castaway Point Park is on one end of the body of water named Palm Bay, after which the city is named.  (or it may be that the bay was named after the city, I don't know for sure)

I had taken photos all through the sunset and then turned and I thought the park itself looked pretty with the lights throughout the trees and took one last photo, this 30 second exposure.

It turned out to be one of my favorites of the day.

This next photo, I had taken about fifteen minutes prior to the above one.  It is looking to the Florida mainland from the pier I was on, toward the city of Palm Bay, across the water of Palm Bay.

I liked this one too, how, although the sky was almost dark, the 1.3 second exposure allowed a beautiful blue sky to appear in the photo.  That's streaks of car's lights along US highway 1, which runs from Key West up to Maine.
Nikon D90, 18-300 lens at 18mm, f/5.6, 1.3 seconds, ISO 200

No comments: