Friday, January 30, 2015

Gator Jerky

Nikon D90, Nikon 18-300mm lens at 240mm, f/11, 1/400 sec, ISO 200
Signs for gator jerky are pretty common in Florida.  It's sold on the side of the road like fruit and vegetables from the back of folk's pickup trucks and at small stands.

I haven't had the guts to try eating it though.

Yeah, this photo is a bit soft, but in my defense, I was driving.  There were no cars as far as the eye could see, either in front of me or behind, so I slowed to a stop in the road.  That didn't prevent me from being nervous, as if doing something wrong, and snapping the shot so quickly that it's a bit blurry.  I probably could have sat there a whole minute at least before another car came along, but I don't break rules easily or effectively.

Still, I finally got a photo of a gator jerky sign, a very Florida-y thing to see.

No comments: