Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign


Taken at the Melbourne Harbor Marina in Melbourne, Florida.

If I'm stumped for somewhere to go with my camera, I can always head to this marina.  Boats change over time so there's usually something new to see and photograph.

And few things are as varied as a marina during different parts of the day. Morning is one kind of beautiful, and sunset is another kind of beautiful.

We (Lovely Wife was with me on this particular Saturday morning) usually park up the road at a local park called Crane Creek Promenade - Manatee Viewing Area and walk along the creek until we get to the marina.

Sadly, there were no manatees in view on this morning.  It has gotten warm enough that they move out to the Intracoastal Waterway, and the ocean.

This sign was put up since my last foray into the wilds of this fairly upper crust boating area.

I have no idea what most of the pointers are pointing to, must be to placed boaters care about that a land lubber like me would not understand.

P.S.  I have always HATED that friggin' Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign song by the 5 Man Electrical Band.  Even as a kid when it was originally out.  Don't get me started on Tesla's 1980's version.  But, as often happens, years of unintentional hearings of the song have left me with many of the lyrics memorized.  It popped into my head while uploading this photo.  Now I'll have to start iTunes and play some King's X to input some good rock 'n roll into my massive cranium.

1 comment:

Blue Wave 707 said...

The de-saturation really adds to the photo! Nice!