Monday, May 23, 2011

Mockingbird Eggs



Lovely Wife was sitting on our back patio and was reading.

We have a mockingbird in the back yard that always yells at us when we go out there.

Lovely Wife called to me and when I went out there she showed me that the bird had made a nest in our crepe myrtle bush.

She and Number One Daughter are too short too see in the nest, and I could just look over into it and see a couple of eggs. I've never seen a bird's nest that low.

Lovely Wife's camera battery was dead, so I got my camera and did the paparazzi style hold-the-camera-up-and-aim-as-best-you-can.

Not a great picture but pretty cool anyway. I haven't been where I could see wild bird eggs in a long time.

I only took a couple of pics. Mama or Daddy bird was yelling at me for getting that close to the nest.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Oh, I hope that these beautiful eggs have hatched little ones by now and that you can watch them turn into beautiful birds. Our fledgling robins have flown away and we miss them. Also have missed our blogging messages of the past, Jam!